Before using your cookie cutter, there are a few things you should know. All of this has been covered by the insert included with your order, but if you didn't receive the insert or lost it, here's what you need to know.
- NEVER use hot water of place in dishwasher, as this will cause warping
- Hand wash only using soapy, warm water; use a soft bristled brush if dough or flour is stuck in a tight space
- Dip the cutter in flour for each cut; dust the dough generously with flour to make using detailed cookie cutters easier
- It doesn't take much to make an impression, so be gentle when pressing to avoid breakages and general frustration
- Tapping on the backside of the cookie cutter may help with the release of the dough
- Do not use cookie spray when on these cookie cutters; cookie spray actually causes dough to stick (use flour instead)
- Store-bought cookie dough will not work with our detailed cookie cutters
Some detailed cookie cutters may be difficult to work with, but with a little bit of practice and patience, your cookie cutter will work great. We try every single one of our cookie cutters before listing them for sale. If they don't work or are too difficult to work with, we will NOT sell them. Please contact us if you need any help.
Here is a great, easy cookie recipe for use with our cookie cutters. These cookies are soft, delicious, and will hold all of the details even when baked!
- 3 Sticks of butter, softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp. vanilla or your favorite flavoring
- 5 cups flour (approx.)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
Cream butter and sugar. Once creamed, add eggs one at a time. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Chill at least one hour for ease of use. Warm, fresh dough is difficult to work with.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Roll your now chilled dough between 1/8" and 1/4" thick on a floured board. Note that the thicker the dough, the more difficult it is to use detailed cookie cutters. Try to aim more towards the 1/8" side.
Once rolled out and cut, place your cookies onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. It only takes 6-8 minutes to bake. Make sure to watch them! When they start looking slightly golden, they're done. Let them cool for a bit before transferring them to a cooling rack. Now enjoy your awesome cookies!